Recently we wrote a blog post about how to successfully run a Suggested Post in Facebook’s newsfeed. We covered tips for ensuring you get the most engagement out of your Suggested Post; however, we did not provide the step-by-step instructions for how to set up such a post.
We’ll do that for you quickly today – you’re just a few steps away from running your first Suggested Post campaign in Facebook’s newsfeed!
In the steps below I will show you how to easily set up a Suggested Post using AdEspresso and then also how to run it using Facebook’s native advertising tool if for some reason you do not want to sign up for a FREE AdEspresso account.
Run a Suggested Post in Facebook’s Newsfeed
To run a Suggested Post in Facebook’s newsfeed using AdEspresso you simply need to:
1. Log into your account and click New Campaign to create a new campaign.
2. Under Select Ads Type choose Page and then Page Post.
3. Next under Ad Design Select your preferred Facebook Page and the specific post you want to promote in Facebook’s newsfeed. If you have not yet posted the message you want to promote yet, do so now and then select it under Post.
4. Select all of your targeting options for the Suggested Post.
5. Under Placement select whether you want your Suggested Post to show up on desktops, mobile or both. If you select mobile you can further segment your audience by device type.
6. Finally, set your budget and submit the campaign for approval!
If you’re ready to follow these simple steps and set up your first Suggested Post campaign sign up for your free AdEspresso account now!
By using AdEspresso to created your Suggested Post campaign (as well as all other types of Facebook ads) you will get deeper insights into the performance of your ads in a really nice visual format:
Run a Suggested Post Using Facebook’s Native Tool
If you’re not yet ready to sign up for AdEspresso, here are the step-by-step instructions for creating a Suggested Post using Facebook’s native advertising tool:
1. Log into your account and in the right sidebar click Power Editor.
2. When you log into Power Editor for the first time you will need to allow the system to download all of your existing ad data – this may take a few minutes.
3. Once your data is all set, click the Campaigns tab along the header area and hit the Create Campaign button.
4. Immediately give your new Campaign a name to remove the red error button.
5. Next click over to the Ads tab and hit the Create Ad tab. Make sure to put it in your new Campaign by highlighting the new campaign name in the left sidebar under Recent Campaigns.
6. Under Ad Type select “Ad” and “For a Facebook Page using a Page post.”
7. Select the Page Post you want to run as a Suggested Post (or create a new post).
8. Under Placement choose whether you want the Suggested Post to run on desktop and/or mobile and finally which type of mobile device (if necessary).
9. Then set your preferred targeting options under Audience and set your budget under Pricing and Status.
10. Once all of this is done you’ll need to Upload your Suggested Post to your main Facebook ad dashboard. You can do this by making sure your Suggested Post ad is highlighted in the Ads window and then hitting the Upload button at the top right of your screen.
Once your ad is uploaded all you need to do is wait for it to be approved just like with all other ad types.
And there you have it – the steps necessary to start running a Suggested Post in Facebook’s newsfeed!
For tips on how to craft the message for your Suggested Post read this article we wrote.
Do you have any questions? If so, please leave a comment below and we’ll try to answer them!
PS: Sign up for a FREE AdEspresso account today to easily create your Suggested Posts!