Just in case you’re interested in how Facebook is doing, here’s some key information you need to know from yesterday’s Earning call for Q3.
Short story: Facebook is growing … a lot. And Wall Street seems to have liked what they heard, Facebook stocks climbed 10% in after-hours trading.
- 1.01Bn monthly active users … astonishing !
- Revenue for 1.26 Bn. Advertising accounted for 86% of it
- Total Ad revenue at 1.08 Bn, +6,7% quarter over quarter, +32% year over year
- Mobile is getting bigger, now accounts for 14% of total revenues
- Local Businesses are starting to use Facebook ads, mainly through promoted posts. 300k local businesses have tried them. 75k were new advertisers
- Social gaming is slowing down. Zynga brought in -20% in Facebook payments
- Among many monetization options, Facebook considered charging for API usage but preferred not to.
- Gifts still irrelevant but a good start for more commerce on Facebook according to Zuckerberg
And that’s it ! Of course we’re very happy about these results and the 36% growth of advertising. Also the number of local businesses testing Facebook Ads is really good. From our experience we’ve seen that Facebook Ads, with its ability to target up to the zip code, works really well for local stuff. Read more