(Image courtesy of Mashable)
Facebook recently introduced Partner Categories which offer marketers many new options for targeting ads based on a user’s purchasing and browsing histories.
The three new Facebook partners are: Acxiom, Datalogix and Epsilon. You may know them as three of the biggest enterprise data providers. They each have their own database full of insights on consumer transactions and purchasing trends.
Using Partner Categories for Facebook ad targeting you can reach a very specific group of consumers. For example, if you’re General Mills you might want to reach people who buy children’s cereal – and now you can do just that.
Below you will find a list of all of Facebook’s Partner Categories and exactly who you can target using those categories.
Acxiom Facebook Ad Categories
Acxiom data allows Facebook advertisers to target ads by:
- Demographics: If you choose to target by demographic data from Acxiom you will be able to reach people by “Home” which includes if the person is an owner, renter, their length of residents and so on. You can also target by household size (1 to 6 people).
- Financials: Targeting your Facebook Ads using Financial data from Acxiom allows you to reach bank card users, credit card users and investors. Within the credit card category you can segment your reach by gas/depertment store/retail store card, premium card, travel/entertainment card and upscale department store. You can also reach people based on their typical spending method (cash or credit).
- Job Role: Acxiom’s categories allow you to target your Facebook ads by job role. There are a variety of different options you can choose from including: admin, white collar, blue collar, education, legal professional, financial professional, military, sales, student and more.This ability to target people based on their job may impact LinkedIn Ads, which have traditionally been where marketers go when they need to run a campaign towards specific job types.
- Purchase History: Using Acxiom’s Purchasing category will allow marketers to target users based on what they are spending money on such as: gas, computer electronics, office supplies, travel services, vehicles and more.
Datalogix Facebook Ad Categories
Datalogix categories let marketers really drill down into niche market segments including:
- Auto Companies in the auto industry will be very pleased with the targeting parameters that Datalogix provides. You can now choose to target people based on when they last made a vehicle purchase, what brand, body style and make was purchased and whether a person has a high affinity for leasing. You can even choose to target motorcycle owners.
- Buying History Datalogix provides many advertising categories based around buying history. Marketers can choose to target: bakery buyers, soda buyers, hot tea drinks, people who likes sports drinks, cereal buyers, organic food lovers, dieters, dog owners, cat lovers and more!
- Demographics While Acxiom offers demographic targeting based on home ownership and household size, Datalogix offers categories based on travel type (business, cruise, family vacations, international, casino, etc.), hobbies (cat owner, dog owner, RV owner, etc.) and lifestyle interests (auto enthusiast, fashionista, DIYer, gamer, gadget geek, healthy and fit, leisure travelers, spa mavens, etc.).
- Retail Purchase History Similar to Acxiom, Datalogix offers Facebook advertisers the ability to target users based on their purchase history. They offer many categories including: children’s product buyers, corporate attire buyers, fitness buyers, men’s fashion buyers, pet supply buyers and more. Almost any category you can think of you can target using Acxiom data.
- Subscription Services Marketers can also choose to target subscription services users with Datalogix categories including: auto insurance, mortgage holders, online students and satellite tv owners.
Epsilon Facebook Ad Categories
Epsilon is the third company involved in Facebook’s Partner Categories and they help you target people by:
- Type of Business Using Epsilon categories you can target Facebook users who work for a corporation, home office or small office.
- Occupation Similar to Acxiom, marketers who need to target users by job type can do so using Epsilon’s Occupation category.
- Financials Using the Financials category, Facebook advertisers can target people who currently have an auto loan.
- Lifestyle and Interests Under the Lifestyle and Interests Category advertisers can reach people who: donate to charity, are conservative, are liberal, give to veteran causes, are a magazine subscriber and more.
- Purchase History Epsilon doesn’t provide comprehensive purchase history targeting like the other two Facebook parnters; however they do offer targeting based on whether someone is an online buyer or a retail buyer and how much they spend on average.
Our team is currently working hard to integrate Partner Categories into AdEspresso so you can begin split testing ads using the new categories to find out which one is performing better. We should have that ready for you in a couple of weeks. In the mean time, you can use Facebook’s Power Editor to create ads using Partner Categories.
Have you created any Partner Category ads yet? Are you planning to? What do you think of them?